Mustikkapiirakka or scones with cream cheese and blueberries
Northern Europe has fascinated me with its sweet and so I wanted to share with you this fantastic Finnish recipe you can find in bakeries throughout most of the year: Mustikkapiirakat or scones with cream cheese and blueberries. Is an adaptation itself because the original did not have cream cheese … but because of my passion for it, I decided to adapt and offer this option.
The mustikkapiirakat are some typical rolls of Finland are crowned with blueberries and eaten throughout the year, but more specifically in the closest to the summer due to the growth of these fruits in the Finnish forests dates. They have a touch of cardamom (very typical in Scandinavian pastries) that you will love and that will fill your kitchen aromas while doing.
I leave you with the recipe, I hope you like it and you’ll bother to do it at home!
Mustikkapiirakat with cream cheese
baked time: (approx)
Rations 12 bollitos
Label: Sweet Snack, Dessert, Cheesecake
20 g of fresh yeast
100 ml of whole milk
70 g of white sugar
400g plain flour
60g soft butter
Half teaspoon cardamom
A little bit of salt
For the filling
100 g of cream cheese
10 g flour
20 g sugar
200 grams of blueberries
– We began by dissolving the yeast in warm milk with sugar. Let stand 10 minutes.
– With a mortar we chop well cardamom seeds. Reserve.
– In the mixer, with the hook, mix the flour and butter until they begin to form crumbs.
– Add the egg, cardamom and salt. We beat.
– Add the milk mixture, yeast and sugar. Mix well until a uniform, smooth dough forms and is not sticky … If you need to add more flour, do it, but slowly or we harden much mass. I prefer to beat or knead longer than add flour soon.
– On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough with your hands to form a ball.
– Lightly greased bowl with oil and place the ball. We cover with a cloth and put it in a warm place without drafts (the oven is perfect), for an hour or so, or until doubled in size.
– Prepare the filling. Mix all ingredients except cranberries. Reserve.
– Floured work surface and took the ball. We are twelve balls with the dough, all more or less equal.
– We put the balls on a tray with baking paper. The crush slightly, forming disks. We leave separation between them. I made two trays, just in case. Let stand 20 minutes covered with a cloth.
– Preheat oven to 180 ° C.
– We make an indentation with our thumbs in each of the balls (I’ve done it bigger than my thumb, to add more filling). Add a half tablespoon of filling on each and cover with blueberries.
– We paint with beaten egg yolk each of the balls. Have I sprinkled with a little white sugar.
– Bake for 15-17 minutes, until lightly browned.
– Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack.
– Serve warm or cold.